It is time to register for Chrysalis 2016, Metro DC Synod’s annual Senior High Youth Retreat. This year’s retreat will be December 2-4, 2016 and is again being held at the 4H Center in Front Royal, VA.Through Large, Small, and E-(xperiential) Group sessions, Chrysalis provides opportunities for learning, growing in faith, worshiping, meeting new people and renewing old friendships – and having fun with other youth just like themselves outside of their home congregation.
With Matthew 5:16 as our text, our theme this year is Casting Light and through it, we will explore how we are each called and gifted to “cast light.”
There is a link below to a flyer you can use to publicize the event and the registration forms. Make as many copies as you need of the youth and adult registration forms for the youth and adults in your congregation. Congregation Leaders are responsible for checking to see that individual registration forms are signed by the participant (and by a parent for youth) and that they contain medical insurance information – please ensure that they are complete before mailing them in to the Registrar.
Please note the following:
- The event is open to youth currently in 9th-12th grades and their adult advisers.
- The event cost is $125 per participant. NOTE: If youth in your congregation have financial needs that their families and your congregation cannot fully cover, financial assistance is available to assist with the cost. Please contact Barbara Harner by Oct 10 for information / application form.
- The on-time registration deadline is November 2, 2016. Late registrations will be accepted, on a space available basis, after this date at a higher registration fee ($150) until November 16.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-registered basis. Once capacity is reached, registration will close.
All Registration Forms (Congregation, Youth and Adult) and Payment should be mailed to:
John Stoner, Registrar
738 Vermillion Drive
Leesburg, VA 20176
NOTE: You can submit a completed Congregation Registration Form by email attachment (Congregation name, adult contact information, participant names, grade, gender and t-shirt size) to meet the Registration deadline. Hard copies of all Registration Forms – Congregation, Youth and Adult – and payment must be received by November 16; there will be no refunds after this date. Requests for additions after November 2 must be confirmed in writing with the Registrar based on space availability. There are no walk-in registrations.
Reminder: All adults attending must have a Background Check on file with the synod office. If needed, please download the form. Complete the form and send it in to the synod office. Note that there will be a processing charge. If you have any questions, please contact Katharyn Wheeler in the Synod office by phone (202-417-3678) or email.
Offering: There will be an offering taken at worship Saturday evening; the Planning Team has not yet decided upon the recipient. We will forward the information to you via email and it will be posted on this website and our Facebook page.
If you have any questions about the Chrysalis event, please contact Barbara Harner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following documents are available here.
- Overview Letter
- Letter to Parents & Youth
- Youth Registration Form
- Adult Registration Form
- Congregation Registration Form
- Promotional Flyer